Friday, May 30, 2014

"So Flippin' Fast"

God I hate that commercial where the lady says that. I think it's an AT&T commercial but for the life of me I can't remember right now, even though I've seen it on TV and heard it on the radio like 736 times. I guess my beef is, if you're in a situation where you can't use the word, "fuck", don't bother. Don't replace it with "flippin'", that just sounds stupid. I have to admit I sometimes have used "frickin'" myself which sounds equally stupid and pedestrian. To sum up, if you're in that situation just redo the sentence to say something like, "That's pretty damn fast" or "Wow, that's pretty quick" or the like. Also not accepted is when you ask me a question as a statement. "That's really fast, am I right?" Yes, I guess you're right, why do you need my affirmation?

Now, why is it I still kind of chortle when people say, "Shut the front door!"  I just don't know.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.....and I thought I was the only one who hated that!

Anonymous said...

It's even worse because it's said in that obnoxious Boston accent.

Wil said...

I'm sorry if you're from Boston but yes, that kind of grates me too.