Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I've Got Finished Wood!

And here it is:


1982 Ibanez SB-70


2 1/2 months later, here's the finished product. To review, here is what we started with:


It was sent to my buddy Heff down in Alabama for his custom treatment. My God, what is he doing to it?


Anything left?


WTF? That's not blue!


Ok, was that really necessary? Yeah, I probably don't mind that.

So there you have it. I ordered all new guts from Stew Mac a month or so ago and last Wednesday I brought it up to Jerry at Player's Guitars in Worth, Illinois to finish it and set it all up for me. I decided to leave the neck alone for now as I'm diggin' the character of it.  My nephew Jon was kind enough to pick it up for me yesterday afternoon as he was in the area and I just got it back to my Music Lab an hour or so ago to put it through it's paces. And yes, it plays as good as it looks. Total investment, approx. $375. Wil is pleased. Thanks again to Heff, Jerry and Jon for everything. Thanks also to Donna for rubbing herself all over it for mojo and from what I heard doing something with the neck that's probably illegal in most states.

No comments: