Monday, May 2, 2011

The (No) Pepsi Challenge

Most all of my friends, family and fans that know me personally know that I could stand to lose 10 or 400 pounds.  Yeah.  My single biggest problem is my passion for Pepsi.  Yes, I am one of those people.

It all started back in January of '01 when the oil refinery I worked at closed down and I started searching night and day for a new job.  I would scour the classifieds and all of the job agencies and online listings all day long determined not to be forced into poverty.  Not being a coffee drinker (I have never drank a single cup of coffee in my life) I turned to something I did like, Pepsi.  As some of you would drink coffee, I drank Pepsi, all day and night.  This trend has pretty much continued ever since then.  I never thought that people could actually be addicted to Pepsi or soft drinks like you could cigarettes or alcohol and the like but it really does happen. 


To sum this up, this addiction has done nothing (positive) for my teeth or my equat...waistline.  So, I have come up with a challenge for myself in an attempt to be a healthier person and some would say to justify acquiring more gear. 

As of May 1st, I have stopped drinking Pepsi and all soft drinks.  I will from here on out only drink water or sometimes milk when called for.  If I can make it to June 1st, I have decided that I deserve one of the following:


Fender Am. Std. Telecaster


Fedner Mustang IV Amplifier

Now mind you, I am not entering this challenge to do it for a month, reward myself, then pop open a 2 liter.  This is a definite lifestyle change that I am trying to embark on.  The gear is just a little carrot to provide for good sportsmanship and good blog fodder.  In all reality I'll probably get these eventually anyway, LOL.  But what the hell, let's make it look good!

1 comment:

Heff said...

I've been trying to get you off the Soadies for YEARS.

MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!